F225 fuel issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 fuel issues

My personal 02 Yamaha f225 has started to foul the plugs on the starboard side on the engine all three cylinders the bottom being the worst . Its to the point of rebuilding but not fixing the issue with the fuel it would be worthless to rebuild . There was no fault codes shown . And what is messing with my head is that there is 1 tps , 1 pressure regulator , 1 air temp sensor , Yamaha said it wouldn't be the ecu because it would be like winning the lottery twice in one week ???? , and I sent my injectors off last summer to have them cleaned and checked , fuel pressure is @ 40 psi , 1 fuel supply line leaving the pump feeding to both fuel rails , and while running at idle intake manifold from starboard from port is about 40 deg different , timing is still in , and I resynced the tps and troddle bodies . Lost what to do or test .

my next step would be a leakdown test.

if that's good I would start looking at what is common to one bank.

Comment

How's the spark on that bank?

Do you have a timing light you can put over the plug wires and check for spark making it thru the wires?

Looking at the parts fisch, aparently there's three coils and each one goes BOTH Sides of the engine, (so the above is not likely)

A shot in the dark, can you check the camshaft timing marks, just in case the right bank cam gear jumped a cog?

How does the engine run before it fouls the plugs?
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-13-2014, 10:22 AM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X