Multifunction Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction Gauges

I have a 96 Century with a 96 175HP saltwater series TXRU. I bought it used, the prior owner had replaced the gauges with 2004 version multifunction Tach & Speedo rig including harness, the installation is very clean, looking professional. I believe they would be 6yr-w0035-e0-00. I love them but don't have any operating or wiring instructions can anyone direct me to a location on the web or inform be how to get a copy of them. I'm going to be replacing some bad & corroded connections to other items under the instrument panel & I know from past experiences that other wires get disconnected inadverdently. So the wiring diagram would be a great help to get everything back to the way its supposed to be. Also I dont't really know all of the functions of the gauges, figured most out but would like to be sure!!! I've searched the web & in particular the yamaha site, but all it mentions is the command link system & displays the gauges but not how they work, for instance the 5 lighting settings, etc... Thanks in advance I hope someone can lead me in the right direction. I have the Yamaha shop manual for the engine but seems to barely mention them.

The factory gauges and wiring harness are color coded, so it's fairly easy to keep straight. If you have a digital camera take a few pics of the wiring area and store 'em on your computer for later reference if there is a problem.

In general:

Yellow = Hot w/Ignition ON
    Red = Hot All Times
    Black = Ground
    Blue = Instrument Lighting

As far as instructions on the newer multi function gauges go to http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...home/home.aspx . Look up an owners manual for a newer 200 or so and in that owners manual is a few pages of info regarding the multi function gauges and what all the symbols mean and stuff.

Good luck.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info, today I'll be installing a floscan 9000, next to the digital gauges, great help.
      Leo

Comment

I Emailed you the Installation guide
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X