2008 250 4-stroke - No Electrical power to engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 250 4-stroke - No Electrical power to engine

My engine started acting funny two weeks ago. When I turned the key to start the engine, there was a 5 second delay before the motor started. While *****ing, my gauges kept shutting off and on. When I returned to the dock and turned it off, and then tried to start it again, it was dead. No power to the gauges and no power to the engine. I have had the batteries tested and checked the connections at the batteries and the battery switches. The trim and all other devices are working fine. I visually checked the connections in the motor I could see near the starter and did see any corrosion. Before I starting taken the motor apart, I wanted to see if anybody had an idea as to why this is happening. I know there is a bad connection, but I don't know where.

I would (in order of first to last)

1) Check fuses- (should be on front of engine behind a black snap on cover)
    2) Main Red power connector (usually close to the starter), it is a pinned plug to plug..

3) Bypass any perko switches by tracing the 2 wires from engine, one ground(grounded to block- usually by starter) and one hot, usually directly to starter, if solenoid is combined w/ starter. Connect these 2 wires directly to main battery (they already have good ends, but normally to a perko switch). That will bypass any possible issue areas..

Those are simple fixes- hope you get lucky

Comment

Please let me know if this goes thru. I am having about 2-3 second delay before starter starts engine. Did you find what was causing yours? Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X