F80 Jumped Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valves

Yep, bent valves. Bunch of em. Seals and guides, and/or just valves?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm.

I assume this didnt come from the fact like this......and i dont mean the carb bolt.
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you showing us sealant?

Comment

Sealant?

Yes, i am guessing thats loctite 518. I am a little surprised to see that, being under the impression that with 700 hours this motor hadn't been apart.

Comment

Yamaha has been using 518 on various blocks a long time.
            they need to on the F250 and F150.
            we see more than a few crankcases leak with that gray sealant.

Comment

Thanks-

Thanks for the heads'up on the 518. Was hesitant to order over $500 in parts if it was good money wasted on a possible part-out motor (I know no history on it and was hitting the brakes on repairs after seeing the 518). So ordering valves, valve seals, gaskets and carb needles, fuel line, etc.

As an aside, the prop on this motor had recent damaged, could running it into a reef combined with a questionable timing belt have caused the failure?

Comment

Originally posted by MercerRec View Post

As an aside, the prop on this motor had recent damaged, could running it into a reef combined with a questionable timing belt have caused the failure?
                I think your first post says it, chunks missing from the belt.

Doesn't take a cog or two off to damage the engine. Admittedly, I've run aground hard, short of loosing some paint on the skeg and shutting down quickly, No other damage...

How does the belt roller tensioner look? Should roll nice and smooth, no wooble, etc...
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                X