200 HPDI 2001 TLRZ - need held ID'ing part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 HPDI 2001 TLRZ - need held ID'ing part

My motor is a 2001 200hpdi and I noticed what appears to be a cracked part. I tried using the expanded parts view on Boats.net but not sure which part it is.

Port side, on the SS connector that goes to what I think is the oil pump. SEE PHOTO - it's the white plastic connector at the end of the stainless bar.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Tony in Tampa
    Attached Files

See item 26

2001 Z200TLRZ Yamaha Outboard OIL PUMP Diagram and Parts

Comment

Since the links on either end of that oil pump rod are 13 years old and have been used similarly, would it be a good idea to replace the link on the oil pump end as well? Also, do these just pop off a ball to remove (oil pump end)?

Thank you~
      Last edited by tonynorie; 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

The oil pump rod link (on the oil pump end)has a small split cotter pin & a washer you remove, then the plastic link simply pops off the oil pump actuator.You put the new link on the rod, then just tighten the small lock nut.Be sure to reference the idle position of the old one, before you remove it . The throttle-arm end simply pops off the rod & allows you to pull it out of the throttle arm.Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks! I went to the dealer 2 hours ago and got the parts and they installed precisely as you said. It's all done and working fine. I appreciate the input for you folks.

Comment

Originally posted by tonynorie View Post
            Since the links on either end of that oil pump rod are 13 years old and have been used similarly, would it be a good idea to replace the link on the oil pump end as well?
            Its cheap enough and your already there. Cheap insurance in my book, replace it too..
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X