06 f50tlr oil/temp light operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 f50tlr oil/temp light operation

I have a 4stroke 06 50hp yamaha and want to hook a tack with an oil/temp light on it. The tack part works properly when hooked up and I would like the warning lights to work as well. First we're is the connector on the engine located and the wire colours for those sensors? Second my engine is a f50tlr 06 (6c1-l-1010463) and the tack combo is 7000rpm yamaha tack(6y5-83540-20) with a 703 con*****er. Will this work with each other? What will it take to make work? Thanks for your time.

you will need the harness from the control box to tach and the trim/oil harness from the engine to the tach.
    its all plug and play.

Comment

If your motor is a US or Canadian model, then at the front of the engine pan you will find a single four pin nylon connector. It is off white, maybe ivory in colour. This is the connection point to get information to feed to the tachometer, and a trim meter if one is installed.

The wire colours to the engine side connector are pink (one wire), pink with white tracer (one wire) and pink with black tracer (two wires).

6Y5-83653-XX-00 is the part number for the trim/oil harness that converys information from the motor to the tachometer/trim gauge. XX is a variable for different lengths. 2013-MRP-Catalog

Wire colours in the trim/oil harness and in the tachometer themselves may/will be different colours. Don't worry. Just plug and play the harness to the engine connector and to the tachometer connector. The connectors are gendered so the harness can only be connected the proper way.

A summary view of what the installation will look like can be seen here. Same concept just a different Yamaha tachometer is being used.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Hardest part will be getting the trim/oil harness out of the motor, through a rigging tube (if equipped) and up to the gauge. Good luck.
      Last edited by boscoe99; 04-28-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the information. That cleared up a lot of the mystery I was facing. I came to the right place.

Comment

Working...
        X