Yamaha 90hp warning buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90hp warning buzzer

I just replaced the oil sensor and completely new water pump system.
    2002 Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke
    I get a warning buzzer with key in accessory position, and it stays on.

Water tell tale is good, and cold.
    The buzzer stays on even though oil sensor is full.

The buzzer stays on when in the full up position or the down low oil position, but goes off in the mid-range position.

What is wrong here?

Thanks
    Last edited by Maryland Man; 04-26-2014, 02:46 PM.

Why did you replace the oil tank sensor? Just for the heck of it or ???

What type of key switch do you have? There are no Yamaha key switches that I am aware of that have an "accessory" position.

The tell tale being cool tells nothing about engine temperature cooling by the way.

Comment

I replaced the oil sensor because I thought it was faulty. Why would the buzzer not go off in the high or full position? I connected the pink and black wires to short the temp sensor, which had no effect. When I unplug the oil sensor it of course goes off, this is the large connector with the green and green/red wires.

I find it unlikely it is a temperature problem, as the buzzer goes on as soon as I turn the switch to the right when the engine is totaly cold.
      Last edited by Maryland Man; 04-26-2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

look on the stbd side just aft or near the shifter slide.
        if someone has connected the two gray wires(bullet connectors) unplug them and the issue goes away.

not the first self inflicted wound I ever saw.

Comment

Well that does stop the buzzer. But doesn't that disconnect the oil sensor? One of the gray wires comes off a connector from the sensor.

Comment

nope.
            self inflicted gunshot wound to the foot.
            you can always grab the pistol with the other hand and shoot the other foot.

NONE of the oil sensor wires are gray and NONE should hook to a gray.

that gray is for overheat visual indicate and if plugged together, no matter how tempting, on a 3 cyl with a 703 box you get a solid tone at key on.

one day, if I am bored I may actually trace the ciruit to find out why.
            for now I just know it is what it is.

Comment

Then Rodbolt17, I thank you for your expertise. I suppose if I was to install a yamaha digital tach, then this unplugged wire would be used for that?

Thanks again, blessing are coming your way.

Comment

Working...
              X