Yamaha 130 oil not transfering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130 oil not transfering

I have this Yamaha 130 approx 1990 and it's not transfering the oil from the boat tank to the engine tank. If I use the switch on the engine it will transfer the oil. I check all the wires everything seems to be ok. It work intermittently by it self last year now it has completely quit pumping automatically. So now the only to transfer oil is to use the switch.

oil transfer has been covered many times, might do some searching

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      oil transfer has been covered many times, might do some searching
      I've done plenty of searching and no one has a answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo yahoo View Post
        I've done plenty of searching and no one has a answer.
        No one has an answer. And no one, but you, will have an answer. It is your job to find the answer.

You are going to have to trouble shoot. The same as the man at the Yamaha dealership will have to do.

It would have been nice to know the specific model of your 130 HP Yamaha but we will go with what we have. Which is very little. Also, in the future, you might want to pose a question or two in order to get a better response. All I see in your original post are some statements. Lots of folks simply won't respond to statements.

So, I will have to start with some questions. We can then go from there.

Do you have a Yamaha gauge installed? If so, what kind and what indications do you see on it regarding status of the oil system?

Do you have any sort of understanding as to how the oil transfer system works?

Do you have a multi-meter and, if so, do you know about the continuity function on it and the reason for its use?

You said you have checked wires. What specific tests did you do?

For the sensor in and the wires to the boat mounted oil tank, what indications did you see between the black wire and the black wire with a red tracer, with the float up and the float down? The assumption is that you measured at the engine mounted connector that runs to the remote oil tank.

Answer these questions and get back to us. We can go from there.

Comment

at least you already know the wiring between the engine and the pump, as well as the pump, is ok.
          and yes, I have about posted precision blend to death.

Comment

Working...
          X