Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 75C - LCD Multi-Function Tachograph - No Trim / Oil / Temp

Hi all,
    Friend just bought a Zodiac with 2 x Yamaha 75c with the multi-function LCD tachograph.

On both Multi-function LCD tachographs....
    RPM Works

Trim / Oil / Temp NOT working. Trim on fully down, no oil indicating, Temp is flashing.

We have checked connections, all seem fine. Checked 20A fuse on the engine - OK.

I disconnected one of the wiring connectors (There's 2 connectors and approx 4 bullet connectors going to teach Display) and the Trim showed full up, just as an aside while wiggling around with bits.

As this is on both engines, I can't help but feel that something was disconnected by the previous owner.

The only other thing I can think of, may not be related, is that the RIB has aftermarket controls, there is no 704 control box.

Any thoughts on where to start?

The trim data, low oil and over temperature grounds are carried to the tachometers by the harness that has the two connectors at the end of it. If they are connected at the tachometer end then check to see if they are connected at the engine end.

There have been many different versions of the tachometer. It would be helpful to see a photograph of yours. Also, it would he helpful to have the full identity of the motor. It begins with the number 6.

Comment

Turns out the Tacho was on the wrong settings AND the trim senders were stuck. We set the Tacho correct (sorted the oil & temp) and freed one of the trim senders. The other one needs to be replaced.

Many thanks.
      Last edited by irishbogger; 08-23-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated. Seldom received.

Comment

Working...
        X