Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 stroke 90 enricher valve

hello folks new here!!
    i have a 2005 yamie 90tlrd thats extremely hard to start on initial start ups. then runs and start like a dream from there on after all weekend. trying to get it going this year and it wont start unless it is in emergency (or open) on the lil red manuel enrichment valve and run like a dream but, when flipped back to normal it will die off like its out of fuel. Is there a way to test the electric solenoid to see if its not working and cutting off my fuel?

its not a solenoid and its not your problem.
    do a bit of forum searching to find a bit of information on it.
    I am heading out and don't have time to type it just now.

Comment

The device is an automatic fuel enrichment device. That is, it automatically provides additional fuel to the motor when the motor is cold, to facilitate a cold start and warm up period. As the motor warms up, so too does the Prime Start device. As the PS device warms up it progressively allows less fuel to flow to the motor. Once the motor and the PS device are fully warmed up the PS device should be completely out of the equation.

Is the motor fully warmed up when you turn the device back to the normal (automatic) position? If so, the motor should run normally since the motor should not need any additional fuel via the PS device.

Have you tried turning the PS device to the Off/Closed position after you have started the motor and let it warmed up using the On/Open position? The manuals say to move the over ride lever to the Off/Close position following an engine start using the On/open position.

Having said all of this, it is a simple check to verify that the PS device is working correctly. The manual has you check the resistance of the PS heating element and the length of the plunger in the cold and in the hot position. If so, and if you still have a problem, it most likely lies within the carburetor.

Comment

enricher

Thanks for the info guys!! with the motor running after several mins it will still die off after flipping valve back to normal. Im a go and purchase the repair manual and do further testing, may be time to do a carb cleaning and rebuild. I didnt run the motor like I normally do last year, and I do use nonethnol fuel with sta-bil. but I may be dirty still

Comment

update

The ole 90 is back to normal and running great now just have to clean my oil level switch it will periodically go to safe mode with a buzzer and will clear after a couple secs.

Comment

Working...
          X