More strange f225 cooling issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More strange f225 cooling issues

So my F225 txr"d" Drove me crazy today. Last night the over heat alarm would go off at idle speed. The temp wasn't over 190 on my MFD. So today I narrowed down which themo it was. Starboard side and figured it was the switch. It wasn't, I guess it was the 2 month old thermostat. It was stuck closed cause that head to get hot.

Originally posted by Keith Ohanesian View Post
    So my F225 txr"d" Drove me crazy today. Last night the over heat alarm would go off at idle speed. The temp wasn't over 190 on my MFD. So today I narrowed down which themo it was. Starboard side and figured it was the switch. It wasn't, I guess it was the 2 month old thermostat. It was stuck closed cause that head to get hot.
    Did you test the thermostat? 2 months old and failure is not typical.

Can’t remember. Did you replace the exhaust stack?
    Last edited by pstephens46; 06-30-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

if the PRV sticks open it will not let as much water to flow thru the block filling it at idle.
      one side it prone to see it before the other, but I do not remember which side

Comment

pressure valve failure on the F225 is about unheard of.
        T stat failure is very rare.
        ex stack failure not so much. typically with a ex stack failure you will get an audible with no visual indicate.

Comment

The exhaust has not been done yet and still looks good. The PRV was just replaced . First ride with it and noticed more than normal water coming out of the exhaust. When I pulled the stat I flushed it for a while. Put it back together and it would only get to 150 at idle in gear. 190 on plane at 5100 going 40mph. Also noticed no water coming out of the exhaust. What 99yam40 said sounds like what happen.

Comment

What’s wrong with those temps?

How in the hell do you see water coming out of exhaust at any time while running in water?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              What’s wrong with those temps?

How in the hell do you see water coming out of exhaust at any time while running in water?
              Those temps are after the repair. Water out the exhaust was at idle

Comment

maybe the OP is talking about the idle relief exhaust ports

main exhaust exists thru the prop, and that should be under water

Rod said the PRV is not a normal problem on those motors, so I hope yours is fixed and it is not the exhaust stack
                Last edited by 99yam40; 07-01-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  maybe the OP is talking about the idle relief exhaust ports

main exhaust exists thru the prop, and that should be under water

Rod said the PRV is not a normal problem on those motors, so I hope yours is fixed and it is not the exhaust stack
                  Yes I was. Yesterday everything was normal.

Comment

Working...
                  X