Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheat alarm reset?

Join Date May 2018 Location Mico,Tx Posts 1 Alarm reset problem

Hey guys, I am working on a 2004 40HP 40TLRD that came in with the overheat alarm going off. I changed the water pump because there was no water in the Tell Tail. I also changed the overheat sensors and the thermostat checked out ok. Problem I’m having is when I turn the key to the on position and engine not running I’m getting the alarm going off. Is there a reset on this engine for when the overheat goes off? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the help.

Do you know for sure it is an overheat alarm?

Comment

Single continuous beep coming from the alarm. No water coming out of the Tell Tail so I assume it was overheating.

Comment

If you turn the key to on position when the motor is cold and alarm sounds?

Comment

On a cold motor the alarm sounding when the key is on would be more indicative of a low oil warning than an over temperature warning. IMO.

Comment

there is no reset for overtemp or low oil,
            once the condition returns to normal the alarm will stop.

sounds like you have more then on problem.
            telltale is plugged or other passages are plugged up.

and a switch or wiring is causing the alarm to sound when it should not be

Comment

or someone saw the two gray wires under the hood and thought they needed to be plugged in.

Comment

Any two connectors adjacent to each other on a Yamaha motor should always be connected together. Even if they don't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Any two connectors adjacent to each other on a Yamaha motor should always be connected together. Even if they don't fit.
                  You need to use the sarcastic emoji when you do that

Comment

Young children should also use a pin or a paper clip and stick it into the wall outlet to see what happens. This is the way we learn. Too smart to listen to what the mama say when she says don't do that.

Comment

It was bobby pins back in the day that seemed to be everywhere for us to pick up and try that

Comment

There is also some activity that will cause blindness.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                          There is also some activity that will cause blindness.
                          I can't see you. What did you say?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

I can't see you. What did you say?
                            I SAID.....the op is probably over at a different forum telling everybody what aholes we all are. Which is fine.....

Comment

Working...
                            X