New look for Boats.net parts site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New look for Boats.net parts site?

went there today and thought my browser was broken.
    But I think I like it.

How long ago did that happen?

I would guess it just happened within the last day or so. Noticed it today when looking up a part number usage.

I do like the new look. Usually I don't like changes.

Comment

I noticed it also but what I am upset about is all my orders and history are gone????
      Dennis
      Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
        I noticed it also but what I am upset about is all my orders and history are gone????
        Yep, same here, no previous orders....
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

So, are you guys professional mechanics or just lucky enough to be able to work on your own motors? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bojangles View Post
            So, are you guys professional mechanics or just lucky enough to be able to work on your own motors? Thanks.
            Couple of professionals here, mostly DIYers (Back-yardians) with different back-rounds, working / learning on their own engines and others...

Pretty much learn something new here everyday.

Most are very mechanically inclined (IMO).

There's CONSIDERABLY more correct information from the regular members here than you'll find at a dealer (no doubt)..
            Scott

Comment

I am about as mechanical as a toothpick, so I have to rely on professionals to do my work. I have found the folks here very helpful. I am confident that they found a part for me that I was told doesn’t exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bojangles View Post
                I am about as mechanical as a toothpick, so I have to rely on professionals to do my work. I have found the folks here very helpful. I am confident that they found a part for me that I was told doesn’t exist.
                There is no one person within Yamaha itself or within the Yamaha dealer network (owner's, parts people, mechanics, etc.) that knows everything about all Yamaha outboard motors. There is simply too much to know. That is what makes this site so valuable. From the many perhaps a solution to a particular problem will be known. From the many there may be many different solutions to a given problem. Not just one way of getting something done.

Comment

And a lot of the basic stuff, say oil change, etc, you can do yourself with very basic tools... Just reading the owners manual (meant for the owner) gives you an idea what you should be able to do..

Being familiar with YOUR engine, and simply reading here will give you tips on keeping your engine running..

Now Boscoe, (^^^) used to work for Yamaha (Yamaha "help line" I believe) and has access to data / pic's (you and I couldn't get).
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X