No announcement yet.

Driver For Carb Pilot Plug Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If cleaning carbs helped. it is a good possibility that it was running too lean and that have cause some pre-ignition/ detonation

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300
      Might want to try it.. It'd be cheaper than all those carb kits and time down...

Just a thought..
      During the 2 years I've owned this engine I've replaced the kits twice. This time around I did not replace the kit, even though it's suggested. This was because the gaskets were in great shape, as to were the needles. I hear what you're saying though. But if you did the math using RF regularly per year or even shock treatments, its cost would far surpass the $85 kit per year. Using seafoam might break even. And if I were to pull, replace kit, and reinstall same day....3 hour down time at most. No biggie. Gives me a chance to get my hands dirty...legally that is.

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      If cleaning carbs helped. it is a good possibility that it was running too lean and that have cause some pre-ignition/ detonation
      I agree
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

it is rare I sell a customer a kit. typically it is just a bowl gasket.
        anymore than about 1.5 hours to do the carbs and fuel pump on a v4 and your milking it .

Comment

Working...
        X