No announcement yet.

1989 30 hp water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TWO seals where the water tube enters the water pump are both in place?
    It is not normal, I have a 89 20hp and no water comes out there.

You should be able just measure from the split line of lower unit/midsection up to bottom of water pipe.
    Then measure from mating edge of LU up to WP outlet. Should be able to work out if pipe is going down in the pump.

I do not see how the water pipe would have got pushed up or if that is possible...

Comment

IT IS BACK TOGETHER NOW, BUT i ONLY RECALL ONE SEAL. THE OUTLET FOR THE PUMP IS A CONE SHAPED OPENING WHICH HAS A SEAL UNDERNEATH. I DON'T RECALL ANY OTHER SEAL. THE PARTS DIAGRAM IS ONLY SHOWING ONE SEAL THAT I CAN SEE, PART #22 IN THE DIAGRAM THE WATER SEAL DAMPER. IF THERE IS ANOTHER ONE, CAN YOU POINT IT OUT TO ME. MAYBE WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE.

Comment

Sorry my mistake. In diagram LOWER CASE - 2 there are two seals on the water tube but for the other end where it goes into the block. You are correct only one seal in water pump housing.

Is the tube straight in this engine or does it have a dog leg shape?

I am wondering if the tube is leaking badly where it enters the block.

You could hook a garden hose to the water tube and look up the leg and see if it is leaking there.

Please turn off the Caps lock on your computer...makes it hard to read your posts. Thanks

Comment

Please see post number 9 for an update as to current findings.

Comment

Please see post number 9 for an update as to current findingS

Comment

Ok, I've done some measurements, and it appears the water tube from the pump to the block has been pushed upwards about one inch. No doubt my doing at some point. From what I can see, the bottom end of the water tube should be about level with the bottom of the midsection. It is about one inch short. The question now is how to get it back into position without crushing it. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
              X