Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I missed it?

MAYBE I missed it.

Looking at the Yamaha Marine website a few minutes ago. The only 3.3 liter motor available is the F200? What about the F225 and F250? I've never heard many complaints other than corrosion issues in a few model years. The F250 seems about as reliable as the F150. I have read/heard many on the 4.2 liter. Rodbolt wrote he would not own a 4.2 liter out of warranty. Sad times if true.

They better get cracking over there. Mercury is coming along with some innovative stuff.
    Last edited by pstephens46; 04-30-2018, 03:15 PM.

The 3.3 liter F225 and F250 have been replaced by the 4.2 liter Offshore F225 and F250 mechanical models. A 4.2 liter F200 is not available. Seems to me to be the only reason to continue with the 3.3 liter F200.

We need Rodnut to ring in but I thought he was talking about the V8 F350 that he would not own without it being under warranty.

Truth be known, if any of these modern motors has a catastrophic failure out of warranty or out of extended service contract it is going to be quite painful.

I don't see the 3.3 liter continuing to be offered for much longer. Limited usage. I suspect the lack of demand will kill it off.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      The 3.3 liter F225 and F250 have been replaced by the 4.2 liter Offshore F225 and F250 mechanical models. A 4.2 liter F200 is not available. Seems to me to be the only reason to continue with the 3.3 liter F200.

We need Rodnut to ring in but I thought he was talking about the V8 F350 that he would not own without it being under warranty.

Truth be known, if any of these modern motors has a catastrophic failure out of warranty or out of extended service contract it is going to be quite painful.

I don't see the 3.3 liter continuing to be offered for much longer. Limited usage. I suspect the lack of demand will kill it off.
      There wasn't much demand for the F200txr. Lots of F225 and F250 in the water today. Mechanically they seem to have held up very well. The only drawback would now seem to be weight.

I also noticed the F200txr now has the VCT system. Isn't that a recent addition?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

There wasn't much demand for the F200txr. Lots of F225 and F250 in the water today. Mechanically they seem to have held up very well. The only drawback would now seem to be weight.

I also noticed the F200txr now has the VCT system. Isn't that a recent addition?
        The 3.3 liter F200TXR became the 3.3 liter F200XA with a single throttle body and VCT. 608 pounds versus 551 pounds for the F225 Offshore mechanical. I would rather have 57 less pounds and 25 more HP.

Comment

Working...
        X