Need the name or number of a part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need the name or number of a part

I have a 2002 F115TLRA Yamaha, 115 hp, fuel injection, 4 stroke. There is some kind of a throttle control on the engine that regulates the flow of fuel as you increase or decrease the manual throttle control at the seat. Does anyone know what this part is called? Or better yet a part number.

Hmmm.

There are the throttle bodies that regulate the flow of air into the motor above idle RPM.

There is an idle speed control valve that regulates the flow of air into the motor at idle.

There is a throttle position sensor that tells the engine control unit how much the throttle bodies are open.

There are the fuel injectors that control how much fuel gets injected into the intake manifold. The injectors are told to open and close by the control unit which actually determines how much gasoline is provided.

Do any of these sound like what you are looking for? What is the problem you are having?

Comment

The motor runs fine but when I hit 2700-3000 rpm's it misses badly, surges. Runs great above and below those rpm's. Perhaps it's the throttle position sensor.Someone told me they thought it was some kind of a sensor that regulated the fuel on the engine.

Comment

someone done tole ya wrong. google "speed density EFI operation".

Comment

Only thing that comes to my stupidly simple dense mind is that perhaps the throttle position potentiometer (aka sensor) has a defective spot on it. Simple enough to test.

Time for the motor to go and see the motor doctor.

Comment

Working...
          X