Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pull start 40hp, I need to run a bilge pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull start 40hp, I need to run a bilge pump.

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests I need help with options on running a bilge pump on my boat. I have a 2013 or 2014 40hp four stroke with pull start. Up until now I have been charging 12 volt batteries to run my bilge pump and once they run out of charge I have been bringing them home and recharging them again. Is there something I can add to my 40 to allow it to recharge my battery when it is running.

Thanks for your help.

I would fix the leaking in the boat so the need fo a pump was not needed.

But then you can look up you motors parts and see if it has a lighting coil you could hook a rectifier/regulator to

Comment

Sorry the boat doesn't leak, it is used for commercial lobster fishing near shore. Traps constantly have water running off as well as working in bad weather where sea water sprays into the boat and rainfall. This boat is in the water 24/7 from April until September either working or tied to the wharf.

Comment

If there is a power supply where you keep your boat, another option is to install a 1 bank onboard charger.
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Only you know what motor you have to look up if it has a lighting coil, so do that

Comment

What is the exact model?

You are mans man if you are pull starting an F40.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
              If there is a power supply where you keep your boat, another option is to install a 1 bank onboard charger.
              Most likely, the boat is tied to a mooring or left tied up to a dock shared by 20 other boats. Since it's a 40HP... probably on the mooring? Where 'bouts do you pull 'yer bugs?

Aside from checking for the lighting coil, have you thought about using a simple/portable solar panel?
              2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
              1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
              X