Lower mount cover disappearing act?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower mount cover disappearing act?

The lower mount covers on my 2001, 200 hp HPDI seemed to have disappeared. Here the other day gone today. As I look at other similarly aged motors I see more that have suffered the same fate. Someone collecting them? Since they are so easy to take off and put on, I wonder..........

These plastic clam shell like covers will cost about $190, Are there for any good reason (that I can't think of) or are they just for aesthetics?

They are there just for aesthetic purposes only. Not the best design. They are known for departing the motor. On their own. Not to say that someone does not steal them to replace the ones that have been otherwise lost.

Comment

Maybe on your replacement cover (if you do replace it), don't use the (I assume) the standard course thread screw.

Drill out where the plastic threads would be and replace those fasteners with LONGER SS bolts (screw head) and SS, self locking, nylon nuts.

Won't go anywhere then....
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The design always seemed to be a sorta spring-loaded- one screw/ not so good Thing in my estimation....but mine have never thus far fallen off.....but if they ever do disappear they can just stay gone, since they're just decorative anyway....

Comment

Anybody got pic of said screw and cover?

Comment

Did anyone preemptively remove them? Can they cause any damage somehow when they fall off?
            Hi!

Comment

Working...
            X