Auto Choke not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Choke not working

I have 2004 Yamaha 115TXRC and when trying to cold start it will not crank, I can pull the manual choke on outboard motor and it starts right up, I can here the solenoid click in operation but seem to not be getting the gas

Originally posted by bigge31566 View Post
    I have 2004 Yamaha 115TXRC and when trying to cold start it will not crank,
    generally the term "crank" is used to mean

that the starter motor is running thereby spinning the engine

so is that what you mean? that the starter motor is not working?

or do you mean that the engine will not start ?

Comment

If the electric choke function does not work, but the solenoid does, check the O ring that is used to hold the choke linkage in place. It is known to get old and tired and break.

Comment

With the air silencer off, you should be able to see the choke butterflys CLOSE.

As posted above, if that 0-ring is missing, the linkage to close the butterflys probably fell off-not operating.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

oh boy,

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
            oh boy,
            We have limited information to go on. Sometimes what we do have is confusing.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I had a chance to check the choke today, choke was not engaging only able to get it to work a couple times, removed solenoid and wired straight from battery and it closes every time, put a test on wires coming from switch key and it lights up every time, reinstalled solenoid and barely works if any, put test between wire to solenoid and lights up but solenoid still doesn't engage, dont if im getting full power to solenoid,

Comment

Originally posted by bigge31566 View Post
                Sorry for the delay, I had a chance to check the choke today, choke was not engaging only able to get it to work a couple times, removed solenoid and wired straight from battery and it closes every time, put a test on wires coming from switch key and it lights up every time, reinstalled solenoid and barely works if any, put test between wire to solenoid and lights up but solenoid still doesn't engage, dont if im getting full power to solenoid,
                Put your volt meter on the blue wire to the solenoid. Measure voltage when the key is pressed in. I suspect you have a voltage drop issue. You need to be able to see virtually battery voltage on the blue wire when the key is pressed in to choke. Also inspect the other wire for good connectivity to ground.

Comment

Working...
                X