Fuel management gauge wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel management gauge wiring

I am installing a new harness and senders for my fuel management system for my twin 2001 250hp OX-66s. I installed a new gauge as the one with the boat was shot when I bought it. The gauge worked for a few trips, then would flash on and off. I got a really good deal on a brand new harness and 2 new senders. I was going to just replace the harness as that was probably the most likely fault, but both senders look corroded so will replace them. I noticed on the sender end of the harness two bullet type connectors. One is white/red and the other black. They were not connected on my old harness and I was curious as to weather these should be connected to something? Anyone have an idea, or a schematic. Thanks

the white/red was for water detect.
    black is a ground.
    OX66 did not have water detect on the motors.

Comment

The water detection connector can be connected to a fuel filter bowl that has a water detection switch. A water in fuel icon on the FMM will illuminate to indicate the presence of water in the fuel filter bowl.

Many just use the Racor clear plastic bowl and monitor the bowl visually for the presence of water.

2013-MRP-Catalog

The bowls are designed so that water can be drained out.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I would like those filters, but don't have room for them as my filters are in a custom enclosure. Do I need to ground the black wires?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikviy58 View Post
          Thanks for the info. I would like those filters, but don't have room for them as my filters are in a custom enclosure. Do I need to ground the black wires?
          Not if you don't use a fuel filter with a water detection switch.

Comment

Working...
          X