No PID for 2007 8hp 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No PID for 2007 8hp 4 stroke

I bought a sailboat that had a 2007 Yamaha high thrust 8 hp 4 stroke power tilt motor. Now that I have it, I wanted to get a title for it but...there is no PID sticker on it and the state of SC wants to see one. Yes, I should have thought about that when I bought the boat but...I did find a sticker on the block that is 7 digits but everything else I've seen there is more info for the actual PID. No stickers at all on the
    Can Yamaha get me a new sticker?

The complete ID consists of a prefix and then the digits that are located on the alternate ID label.

Is the motor an F8 or a T8? Is it electric start or manual start? Is it equipped with a tiller handle or does it have remote control? Once you know exactly what model that it is, the prefix can be determined.

For instance, an F8 will begin with the prefix 60R and there will also be a letter denoting the shaft length.

A T8 will begin with the prefix 60S and then have the shaft length letter.

You can then go to a Yamaha US dealer and they can request that a replacement ID tag be issued, which only the dealer can affix to the motor.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 01-06-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X