6Y8-WE83R-60-00 command link kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6Y8-WE83R-60-00 command link kit

I have a 2012 F70LA and would like to upgrade from my old Faria tach to achieve the *****ing adjustment capability. The boat does not currently have any Command Link gauges or components on it. Is the 6Y8-WE83R-60-00 kit contain everything required to achieve digital *****ing speed adjustment?

Is it just the variable *****ing speed function you are after or do you also want the Command Link tachometer as well?

You can have the VTS function without the expense and hassle of a Command Link gauge if you want it.

But to answer your question, the kit contains most of what you need but not all of what is needed. Usually an extra harness is needed. The harness is not included since Yamaha does not know how long it would need to be.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/Marine_Ri..._Catalog/#22/z

Comment

I am only after the VTS function. If i can do that without the expense, that would be much more preferable.
      I also have a 2012 T9.9XPA (on another boat). Is that Command link compatable?
      Thank you for the info.

Comment

I forgot to mention that this is not a tiller model. Is a remote switch available?

Comment

A T9.9 is not Command Link compatible.

The F70 will have a connector that can be used to connect to a tiller mounted VTS switch. Are you familiar with that connector? Is the cap still on it?

Three wires go to the connector. They are black, orange with a white tracer and white with a blue tracer.

Comment

The boat is in storage for the winter in upstate NY. I do not have access to it since I live in Pennsylvania. I am sure it will be as you describe. Do you have a part # for the VTS switch only.

Thank you

Comment

I have checked and the connector is there with a plug. I would assume there is a common, probably black. When another color is momentarily switched to the common, a 50 rpm rise occurs. Switch the other color to black momentarily and a 50 rpm reduction occurs. Is this correct and is the color guess correct ?
              I may still elect to go with the command link tach for the other nice monitoring features.
              What is the proper Command Link square Tach part number?
              What is the Proper Command Link round Tach part number?
              What else is minimally necessary in additional parts or cables to install keeping in mind that the Command link tach is the only thing that will be installed ? I am not interested in speed or fuel consumption instruments.

To obtain minimal engine information I may also consider a digital tach (non command link). What is totally necessary necessary for that installation?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by lrg-35553 View Post
                I have checked and the connector is there with a plug. I would assume there is a common, probably black. When another color is momentarily switched to the common, a 50 rpm rise occurs. Switch the other color to black momentarily and a 50 rpm reduction occurs. Is this correct and is the color guess correct ? Yes.
                I may still elect to go with the command link tach for the other nice monitoring features.
                What is the proper Command Link square Tach part number?
                What is the Proper Command Link round Tach part number?
                What else is minimally necessary in additional parts or cables to install keeping in mind that the Command link tach is the only thing that will be installed ? I am not interested in speed or fuel consumption instruments.

To obtain minimal engine information I may also consider a digital tach (non command link). What is totally necessary necessary for that installation?

thank you

2013-MRP-Catalog

2013-MRP-Catalog

2013-MRP-Catalog

2013-MRP-Catalog

You can always buy the individual components and "roll your own".

Comment

Are my assumption on the VTS connector correct ??

Comment

Sorry, I didn't notice the "yes" on the original reply. I will give it a try this weekend.
                    Thank You

Comment

Working...
                    X