New F150 Rigging questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New F150 Rigging questions

Hi All, I am purchasing a new Yamaha F150 and want to pre-rig my boat to save some bucks at install. Does it take a standard 10pin harness or has it changed for these newer engines? I was wondering about a digital tach assembly as well. Can I use my old yamaha 2 stroke gauge and reset dipswitch or do I need a new one? Last one I hope, will my key switch/kill switch work or does that need replacing? The only way I can really afford it is I don't have to replace all the electrics. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Spencer
    Last edited by guitarzan413; 03-22-2018, 06:46 PM.

Ten pin harness will work. Plug and play. Same with the ignition switch/kill switch.

Tachometer depends upon its age. Really really old it won't work. Not so old it might just need a setting change or two. Take and post a photo of the front and back.

The harness from the motor to the tachometer may need an adapter harness or two. Depends upon the age of the two stroke motor.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe! That's good news. I'll get a pic tomorrow of tach front and back. Will I need any tilt/trim harness adapters? I have 704 binnacle style controls with tilt switch.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan413 View Post
        Thanks Boscoe! That's good news. I'll get a pic tomorrow of tach front and back. Will I need any tilt/trim harness adapters? I have 704 binnacle style controls with tilt switch.
        Depends upon the tachometer and the model of the motor that is being removed.

Comment

Working...
        X