2004 200 hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 200 hpdi

owned this pair for 8 years, never noticed until this year that when I change lower unit fluid, it doesn't take anywhere near the capacity that the manual says it should, I think the manual says almost a gallon, I may only use 1/2 before its coming out the vent. - should I try to pump in the required amount?

Originally posted by office daze View Post
    owned this pair for 8 years, never noticed until this year that when I change lower unit fluid, it doesn't take anywhere near the capacity that the manual says it should, I think the manual says almost a gallon, I may only use 1/2 before its coming out the vent. - should I try to pump in the required amount?
    The gear case capacity for a right hand turn Z150/VZ150 motor is 33.1 ounces. Slightly more than one quart.

Oil does not and should not normally come out of the vent hole. All oil is drained or inserted into the gear case via the bottom drain/fill port.

Fill from the bottom until air bubble free oil comes out the top vent hole. Take a five minute break and give the thick oil time to find its way into all of the nooks and crannies within the gear case. Then, fill again until air bubble free oil comes from the top vent hole.

Reinstall the top vent plug. As quickly as possible remove the fill port attach fitting and reinstall the bottom drain/fill plug. You are good to go for another year or 100 hours, whichever comes first.

Comment

you're right! I normally buy a gallon and it does them both, I just never really looked at the capacity in all these years, I had my cup and quart mixed up in my head - thanks for straightening me out!

Comment

Originally posted by office daze View Post
        you're right! I normally buy a gallon and it does them both, I just never really looked at the capacity in all these years, I had my cup and quart mixed up in my head - thanks for straightening me out!
        Not sure where you came up with the cup/quart and gallon mix up , but that confused me

Comment

Working...
        X