2005 F225 ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F225 ecu

Does anybody know what the dash number for this ecu is?

Original part number was 69J-8591A-30-00 per the Yamaha parts catalog.

2005 F225TXRD Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I know the part number, however it isn't on the ecu itself. The ecu has a dash number 69J-XX (number, number). I am trying to find out if the dash number for a 2005 F225 is 69J-30 or something else.

Comment

69J is the model prefix for an F225. So, all parts designed for and first used in that model carry the 69J prefix. For example, the block part number is 69J-W009B-03-1S.

Yamaha, in their infinite wisdom (or lack thereof) all but never puts the complete part number on a part. The main wire harness is the only part that I can think of which uses a tag with the complete part number on it.

As I said earlier, the complete part number for the ECU used on an F225TXRD is 69J-8591A-30-00. The dash number is -30, just like it says so in the complete part number. In keeping with Yam's methodology of not using the complete part number (to save costs maybe?) the ECU will be marked with 69J -30.

Comment

Thats exactly what I needed. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by buskirkj View Post
            Thanks for the reply, I know the part number, however it isn't on the ecu itself. The ecu has a dash number 69J-XX (number, number). I am trying to find out if the dash number for a 2005 F225 is 69J-30 or something else.
            One other point. Even though a 2005 F225TXRD used a -30 ECU, that part has been upgraded several times. The -30 is no longer available. It has been superceded by later dash numbers.

If you need a -30 ECU and can find one, great, it will work. If you need to buy a new one you will get the latest part number/dash number.

Comment

and remember, once you buy it its yours.
              if that was not the issue you own a spare.
              I think I have replaced 3 since the F225/200 came out.
              2 were due to faulty ISC valves and one simply shorted internally and would pop the 20 amp fuse at key on.
              our shop probably deals with 250-300 of the F225/200 motors a year.

Comment

Working...
              X