Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Stat Bore Check - Question on FW Flushing

Hi Guys,

I have a pair of 2006 F250's with 1,475 hours.

14 months ago (December 2016) I removed and cleaned my thermostats.
    At that time, I noticed a lot more salt crystals accumulated in the T-Stat bore on the starboard side of the powerheads.

Yesterday, I repeated the inspection process and again inspected my T-Stats and the bores they sit in.
    Once again, I observed more salt crystals on the starboard side T-stat bore. See photo.
    The photo is only 14 months of use. That to me is a lot of salt build up! The port side T-stat bores BTW looked relatively clean.

I FW flush after every trip for 10 minutes or so using the garden hose flush fitting at the base of the powerhead.

When I flush, I always have the engine tilted UP.

Question: Since I am not getting enough FW flush to my starboard side T-Stats - Do you think I will get a better results if I flush with the motor down in the water? Maybe it's a water pressure thing to that side of the engine - not sure... Another option might be for me to flush with the engine tilted fully up but turned to the right side. Open to your ideas...

My boat is on a lift so it is not easy for me to use muffs.

My goal is to somehow flush as much salt OUT of my starboard side T-Stat bores. Thank you for any ideas here. - Jack

Last edited by HMBJack; 03-06-2018, 11:35 AM.
    Grady-White 330 Express
Working...
X