no water from telltale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no water from telltale

Use my 2011 225 4-stroke Yahmaha almost daily with zero problems.This morning no water from telltale within 15-30 seconds.25 degree temps this morning but have left outboard tilted mostly down(west wind blowout so couldnt tilt all the way -too shallow).In cold weather does it take longer for thermostats to open?Do I have a problem or just being paranoid?Everything worked fine a couple days ago in warmer weather.

The thermostats being opened or closed have no bearing on water flow out of the tell tale. Water is bypassed at the base of the block, flows through a fuel cooler, the rectifier/regulator and a number of tubes before making its way to the tell tale outlet.

What I suspect is happening is that some residual water that remains in the rubber tubing may have frozen. Completely harmless. Try and run the motor again once the ambient temperatures are above freezing for a while. Or, just run the motor for a while and the heat of the motor will melt any ice that may be in the tubing. I think you will soon be seeing water flow out of the tell tale.

Comment

Yamaha 25

Hey guys I have a 2000 Yamaha 25 3-Cylinder 2-stroke. I put 40 carbs modified tuner. New complete water pump. I ran motor over weekend for a couple of miles. High temp light flashed and the taletell was not flowing much and motor was runnin bad. I dropped lower unit checked out water pump and all looked good. I ran motor in tub and same issue. Pulled plugs and found water. Pulled head and exhaust cover. Head gasket was bad. Had machine shop check head and took a 0.005 skim. Put all back together with new gaskets. I still have the same issue not much water circulation and runnin bad. I think I still have a head / gasket issue. Any toughts? Thanks, Bobby..E-mail; me with any info. bobby.crochet@lyondellbasell.com. Note: I diod not check the head after I picket it up from the machine shop. I may be warpped / not flat !!!!

Comment

Working...
      X