Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 f150txrd balncer assembly issues.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 f150txrd balncer assembly issues.??

Looking for some information on the balancer assembly on the 2005 f150txrd. the one I have is making a whirring noise. what will happen if is ignored.?? I have heard that the new ones have been improved.??

Thanks

Yamaha is on their 5th version of the F150 balancer. Hopefully, the latest one will prove to be durable.

If you don't have the latest version it needs to be installed. Particularly if yours is whining. It will not fix itself.

If the balancer fails it can literally destroy the power plant.

This is a relatively inexpensive fix. Part is about 300 bucks or so and about an hours time to do the install.

Comment

yamaha balancer.

Thanks for the info, I am just trying to confirm wht I have been told.

Comment

Not so sure they are any better,, I did a set of balancers on twin 150s about 3 months ago, they are already making noise.. I have to get with Yamaha and find out what the next step is..

Comment

Yamaha Balancer Assy

I have purchased a new balancer from Yamaha and wondering about installation. Does it go on a certain way.?? Are there any alignment marks.?? Can't seem to find anything in the manual that I am using.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gahein57 View Post
            I have purchased a new balancer from Yamaha and wondering about installation. Does it go on a certain way.?? Yes Are there any alignment marks.?? Yes Can't seem to find anything in the manual that I am using.

Thanks
            See comments above.

Comment

I used this it worked well, hope it helps.
              Attached Files

Comment

2005 f150txrd balncer assembly issues.??

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X