2005 F225txr engine side connector help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith Ohanesian View Post
    It is completely confusing. I've figured out my issue. I have complete connectivity from the Simrad and Yamaha. The Simrad had to been shown the devices. It's not smart enough for plug and play.
    I believe what you are describing is "operator error".

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

Yes, that thread was about the "latest": the Simrad emulating a Yamaha Command Link display, including control functions.

The comments included a discussion of the difference from the existing capability to simply display engine data:

"What do we gain...other than a fancy logo and *****ing settings? My MFD has all the Yamaha gauges and fuel this has... "

"one of the main gains is that you could have a simple second station without a Yamaha Command Plus screen.
      I do not think the Simrad Instruments screen was very friendly for triples.
      Otherwise, I agree it is not much more than a fancy screen."

And regarding

"you need more than just the Gateway, you have to have either the "combination of Gateway (6YG-8A2D0-00-00) AND a Yamaha 6Y9 Gauge" ...

Just clarify for you guys running the Gateway and/or the 6Y8 (round guages) it won't work...according to Simrad."

As I said, it is all very confusing; both for us consumers - and the various "customer support reps"

Faired I spoke with the guys at BOE and they told me we just need the yamaha terminal bus and there BOE-002 connector. That will connect to the nmea2000 and then it will show the "new look" on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Ohanesian View Post

Faired I spoke with the guys at BOE and they told me we just need the yamaha terminal bus and there BOE-002 connector. That will connect to the nmea2000 and then it will show the "new look" on screen.
        hmmm. "The guys at BOE" are helpful and widely knowledgeable - but as susceptible to confusion/misunderstanding as the rest of us mortals.

Comment

Just found out you need the CL7. It has the gateway to allow everything to happen.

Comment

Working...
          X