Neutral safety switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral safety switch

Could any one assist me with a problem. I have twin eng with the 704 dual con*****er. My right key switch and buzzer work fine, but when I turn the left switch I get nothing. I know everything is good because I switched the plugs around and was able to start the left eng using the right key switch.

---------------------
    Last edited by boscoe99; 11-09-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I have checked all fuses on the eng they are good. I also replaced the dual key switch. It is doing the same as the old one. However, I did mention that when I unplugged the connector from the left key switch and plug into the right side it started the port side eng. So my question is could be the neutral switch for the left side be bad

Comment

Also, the trim does work

Comment

The warning buzzer does not work

Comment

-------------------

Comment

If u could send me a photo of the switch so I can know what it looks like that would help. Thank for your help so far

Comment

---------------------

Comment

isnt there 2 buzzers on a dual switch assy ?
                  have you tested both ???
                  or do you mean you turn key, get no buzzer and nothing at starter ?
                  Last edited by jb123; 11-09-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

maybe you dont have a buzzer in one of them that's why it dosent go and another one will be having one,some times the stop switch plays up to do this type of symptoms

Comment

To everyone that was trying to help me out, I want to thank you. I figured out what was wrong. After testing everything and switching out connectors from one switch to another, the problem was the wires going to the gauge. I was wondering why it was feeling warm but did not pay it no mind. So after I unplug the gauge wire from the key switch everything worked. That's the great thing about having a dual system you can do process of elimination. So to recap what my problem was so if you come across the same issue you can do the same thing.
                      1. I have twin engs. My port side eng would not start from the key switch. I tested everything from the the switch back to the eng and it was good.
                      2. When I unplug my port side connector from the left key switch and plugged into the right side it fired right up, but everytime I plugged it back to its original connector it would not start and the buzzer was not coming on
                      3. After checking both neutral safety switches and determining they were good I was confuse.
                      So I notice the wires from the key switch to the gauge were getting hot, so when I unplugged them and turn on the key switch the warning buzzer came on and the eng turned over.

I hope this will help anyone that has the same problem in the future. I want to thank everyone that responded back

Comment

I understand language barriers.

all your posts were kinda jibberesh to those of us that speak English and like me, barely.

you went from one thing to another thing and ZING blew it right over.

next time simply post what does not work.

went from an alarm wont work to it wont crank over.

kinda bass ackwards.

glad ya got it caddillacing.

Comment

Working...
                        X