Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help F60 bogs down at WOT

Hi
    I have a 2006 f60 that starts and idles fine but after running a short distance at WOT it starts to miss and lose power. If i put the shift lever back to neutral it will drop back and and idle ok then start to idle high.
    I have had a diagnostics report done which came up with fault code 37 intake air passage, would this have anything to do with it and if so how do i fix the code.
    Before this happened I had the VST off and cleaned and the injectors cleaned and tested all came back ok.

Also can somebody tell me how to test the pressure of the VST tank.
    There is a valve on the top, can I put a pressure gauge on this or do I need a special fuel pressure gauge?
    Tested it today with a air pressure gauge and couldn't get a reading (gauge never moved).
    Thanks.

Comment

i reckon you have your injectors cleaned before you go and do anything else as these models have a tendency of failing injectors

Comment

I bought this motor and had it serviced including having the injector cleaned and tested before i put it on my boat. First trip out it played up like I explained above. I guess I can't rule them out but if its not very hard to test fuel pressure I would like to do that before I spend more money to have the injectors cleaned again.
        I have cleaned all fuel filters from the tank to the VST but haven't checked the filter on the high pressure pump.
        When the motor loses power I have tried pumping the primer bulb but makes no difference.

Comment

Just an update, tested high pressure fuel pump yesterday has plenty almost 300kpi at idel but after running under load for a minute loses pressure and motor loses power. Will get a new fuel pump and replace the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
            I have cleaned all fuel filters from the tank to the VST but haven't checked the filter on the high pressure pump.

Might want to check that filter before buying a new pump.

Also can you test pressures before the VST to make sure they are good

Comment

I wil do some more test on this motor tomorrow before I remove the VST to inspect the filter. Wil keep u up to date with what I find out.
              Thanks Greenman.

Comment

Working...
              X