Yamaha 115 2 stroke simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115 2 stroke simple question

This is my first yamaha. It is a 2001 115 2 stroke TXRZ. what is this hose for and should there be water coming out of it starting around 1400 RPM. it gets stronger the faster I go. Thanks

Its commonly called the "pisser".

Its a tell tale sign that your water pump is indeed pumping water up to the powerhead (engine). And yes, the stronger the stream, the better. It should be "pissing" at idle too.

If you have the owners manual, it'll be in there..

If you don't have a manual, you can download one from here, it is highly suggested:

Owners Manuals | Yamaha Outboards
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

never seen a hose/ tube sticking out of the tell tail.
      Could be someone removed the original plastic piece with restriction in it and put a hose on it.
      And yes it should be a good stream out at idle

Comment

It's not the pisser. You can't see the pisser in this picture cause it is further aft on the engine

Comment

Here's a picture where you can see both the pisser and hose that flows water.

Comment

then only water tube I know of is the speedo pressure tube from lower unit, as water flow against the opening while under way pushes more water pressure up

Comment

its called a outboard penis ,when it gets going it has to piss or it will blow up as it also tells you if your bladder is functioning or not ie.( the impeller) if your bladder is faulty it wont piss and then you will grow cancer on your skull ie. you will cook your motor if you run any longer.hope this makes you understand
              cheers

Comment

Your video doesn't work.

The other water, spraying out the wide exhaust is normal, and isn't the tell tale pisser. The area where the water is flowing out of (and hose) is in the area of the pisser.

If its ONLY PISSING WHILE UNDERWAY- movement, it could very well be the speedo pitot tube re-routed back out (shouldn't be and there's no reason to). The faster you go, the more water (and pressure) builds up in the tube bumping the speedometer higher. If your speedometer works, its NOT the pitot tube. (There's no reason to do this and really makes no sense)..

Agreed with 99yam40, someone likely had a clogged plastic end, removed it and shoved the hose out of the cowling. **Look up in the parts catalogue and REPLACE the plastic end for the tell tale pisser.

The actual opening of the tell tale is smaller than the hose (as on yours) and will slow the volume coming out (keeping more water up in the power head as designed). It'll still piss, just not as large a volume, but harder. It'll also piss at idle (again as designed). With the opening (just a hose) flowing, its pumping more water out the powerhead, at idle, than designed and could, at idle, keep the powerhead full of water..
                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-26-2013, 07:14 AM.
                Scott

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, it's not a video by a screen shot I took of the video. I don't know how to post videos. In the pic you can the pisser and it pisses fine at all rpms. It's the hose to the right of that which I was wondering about. It must be the speedo, which I don't have connected cause I have a GPS. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Ok, didn't even see it next to the transom... Your first picture looks like a hose coming out of the pisser opening... The second is much more accurate..
                    Scott

Comment

The previous owner may have disconnected the speedo. He routed the tube out of the cowling. If it is not going to be used, when you service the water pump disconnect the speedo tube at the LU and plug the fitting.

You don't need that hose pushing water into the cowl area. If it breaks you have water spraying into and on parts that don't like water.

Comment

Thanks bilge rat. Good point.

Comment

Working...
                        X