Ongoing Feul Stravation Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing Feul Stravation Issue

Right after my mechanic changed the computer on my Yamaha 2-stroke 50Ho I started having fuel stravation issues.- He says no connection.
    This is what I have done.
    1. changed siohon bulp - with Yahaha OEM part.
    2. checked the fuel pick-up- to see if check was stuck- no ball it was removed.
    3. checked to see if pick-up was free- bleww into and heard bubbles.
    4. drained tank to see if there was something floating around and clogging pick-up did not see anything but view was limited.
    5, The Boat Mfg had vent line right next to fuel fill line- in fact they shared same space in Fuel Cap. Moved the vent line to the side by itself- installing a circular vent kit. did not change the vent line.
    6. The motor starts only have squezzing the prime bulb for a few minutes. starts- I use Neutral and warm motor up at around 1500-2000RPm for five minutes if I return to neutral motor stalls out- To restart have to reprime.

Is the Bulb gone bad again? Do I have a Fuel bulb issue? How can I checK?
    Sorry fo long post but wanted to give details.
    Thanks

Replace the fuel lines if over 1yr.old.
    You may have a air leak in the line connections, fuel filter gaskets etc.
    Do you have a fuel line disconnect at the motor? If so check the O-rings there.
    Check all filters.

Comment

have you checked the fuel pump and pressures/vacuum of the fuel delivery system?

Comment

its a two stroke 50hp ,i would be checking the pump as if this engine is pre 2000 then they will be having diaphragm problem which means you will be up for a new fuel pump which is cheap and you can do it

Comment

I replaced both the primer bulb and fuel pump on friday- Ran the engine and it stayed running. in neutral without me revving the motor. Thanks for the input- hopefully the fuel pump is the answer.

Comment

Working...
          X