tilt problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt problem

Have a 2003 115 4-stroke 2003. Engine tilts up when batteries turned on. Does anyone know where the manual valve screw is? The sketch in the manual leaves a lot to be desired. Have had the cowling off 3 times looking for said part. Also has anyone else had this problem?

The manual valve is on the clamp bracket about mid way down, uses a flat tip screwdriver to loosen in the direction of the arrow, and yes your issue is with one of the switches,, take the cowling off and locate the trim switch connector and un plug it. then turn the battery switch back on, if it still does it the issue is with the switch at the control box.

Comment

it looks like your solenoid valve is playing up i would check it first then proceed down to the tilt motor and checking the oil level and air pockets in the trim and tilt motor

Comment

Originally posted by madharchod View Post
        it looks like your solenoid valve is playing up i would check it first then proceed down to the tilt motor and checking the oil level and air pockets in the trim and tilt motor
        No such thing as a solenoid valve in this system and there is no way to have air pockets in the trim and tilt motor

Comment

looks like the expert apprentice has spoken again

Comment

but he is correct,, and I still stand by my original comment, sounds like a switch is sticking or corrosion... just need to determine which switch..

Comment

sorry guys dont mind my spelling these days as iam retired i meant solenoid as there is no valve ,its the solenoid ,one way to test it by using a multimeter to see if you get current at different terminals when you press the trim and tilt button so what you do is check if you have current at the mains terminal ,i suppose you have as it tilts up so now i will check if you are getting the current at another terminal which is normally blue in color ,if you dont get any current you know your solenoid is gone ,sometimes what i di though not recommended i would run a wire through to the solenoid where iam not getting the power and then using a glue gun cover the wire to avoid moisture and it works ,cheap way in the pacific as no parts available so have to go by using alternative methods ,but in your case pls replace the solenoid as it readily available

Comment

and a quick test, simply unplug the relay from the control circuits.
                relay failure is rare.
                switch failures not so rare.
                that relay is rather expensive but testing the control circuits is simple and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by madharchod View Post
                  sorry guys dont mind my spelling these days as iam retired i meant solenoid as there is no valve ,its the solenoid ,one way to test it by using a multimeter to see if you get current at different terminals when you press the trim and tilt button so what you do is check if you have current at the mains terminal ,i suppose you have as it tilts up so now i will check if you are getting the current at another terminal which is normally blue in color ,if you dont get any current you know your solenoid is gone ,sometimes what i di though not recommended i would run a wire through to the solenoid where iam not getting the power and then using a glue gun cover the wire to avoid moisture and it works ,cheap way in the pacific as no parts available so have to go by using alternative methods ,but in your case pls replace the solenoid as it readily available
                  Maybe you are meaning to say voltage instead of current.
                  Current is measured in amps or miliamps
                  voltage is measured in volts

Comment

Working...
                  X