Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real answers about converting f75-f90 please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaStars
    Meaning what? Again, if Yamaha chooses to call it's mass air flow sensor, an air pressure sensor, this is fine, and has no effect on the job of the sensors, which do identical task. And once again, the Yamaha 75 4 stroke is identical to the Yamaha 90 4 stroke, except that the 90 has one less part, in the air ducting, and perhaps a few different lines of ecu code, which cost no more to program than the 75's code. So technically, with one less part, the 90 should cost less than the 75.

And seriously, the people claiming that there is no air sensor in a modern fuel injected engine, need to graduate kindergarten before offering repair advise to anyone.
    Seastars your "meaning what". You quoted a poster that said near WOT at full load there is little change in airflow , and you pillard him with your interpretation that he meant this between idle and WOT. Just read more correctly go for the ball more and less the man in your postings.

Comment

And before anyone posts, I have deliberately miss quoted Greasyshaft to see if this is picked up. (should be little change in pressure)

Comment

I was too slow!!! You beat me seastars. Again read: the claim is this engines talked about (and I don't know) is simpler than suggested. I don't have any reason yet on this one not to believe the Senior Members. (by the way, how does one become a senior anyway?)

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
          I was too slow!!! You beat me seastars. Again read: the claim is this engines talked about (and I don't know) is simpler than suggested. I don't have any reason yet on this one not to believe the Senior Members. (by the way, how does one become a senior anyway?)
          Just post a lot of useless posts full of crap like seastars and you will become one.

Comment

Seastar you are making a little more sense, check out what Rodbolt refers as "open loop speed density" is.

Comment

Seastars I have also got a fuel injected two stroke car engine made nearly seventy years ago - no modern EFI, double overhead tripled chrome grease nipples there.

Comment

-------------------------------------------
                Last edited by greasyshaft; 05-24-2015, 11:45 PM.

Comment

9 year old *****ing
                  and laughing is a$$ off

Does anyone else think is is Madchrod under a alias or his grandson maybe?
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 05-19-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

----------------------------
                    Last edited by greasyshaft; 05-24-2015, 11:45 PM.

Comment

--------------------------------
                      Last edited by greasyshaft; 05-24-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

someone simply does not understand the difference between MASS air flow and Manifold Absolute Pressure EFI systems.
                        that is the difference between a MAP sensor which only looks at pressure and a MAF sensor which actually measure air flow.

yes Yamaha uses various sensors to measure air temp(density) barometric pressure(altitude/density) crankshaft speed(speed) and engine load(manifold absolute pressure).
                        hence the term speed density EFI.

from there its all an engineering calculation that the ECU mapping looks at.
                        xyz inputs equal an abc output.

Comment

OK guys if we stop feeding it maybe it will go away

Comment

get it right.
                            code 29 would be an incorrect intake air PRESSURE issue, the ECU saw something out of range.
                            base timing will be locked at 10* BTDC and top speed cannot be reached fuel and ign will be based on TPS signals.

so basically with a code 29 the customers first complaint is it idles fast.

there is a big difference between a mass air flow sensor and a manifold pressure sensor.

Comment

-------------------------------
                              Last edited by greasyshaft; 05-24-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

its official, your an idiot MMI grad.

Comment

Working...
                                X