F-150 SDS Prop Part Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-150 SDS Prop Part Numbers

Is there a listing for the SDS series of Reliance props? Looking for 13 3/4 X 17 .
    Currently have a 14 1/4 X 17 regular reliance and would like to drop the hub size
    to gain some rpms. We did take a 13 3/4 X 19 Reliance and had the pitch changed to 17 and it really works well except for the clunk and rattle at idle.
    Looking for a place to purchase as well.

Hi,
    I have a 2010 F-150 with a Yamaha black painted SS 13 3/4 x 17 prop.
    This prop suits my boat perfectly, achieve max WOT and no prop chatter at low RPM. However the clunking into gear really annoys me.

I investigated getting a SDS Reliance prop (at great expense) but as I understand this model prop does not come in 13 3/4 x 17, I do not really want to experiment with changing prop sizes.

The only prop size options I (we) have available in the range are;
    14 1/2 x 15
    14 1/4 x 17
    13 3/4 x 19
    The 17 pitch is right for me but the diameter is larger.
    The 15 is smaller but the diameter is bigger again?
    I would not consider the 19 pitch.
    Yamaha has a list of all prop sizes on their Web site.
    It would be a very expensive exercise if you get the wrong prop!
    Maybe the 15 would suit you??
    I thought Reliance props eliminated prop chatter on F-150s?

Cheers,

Comment

Your correct. The chatter is gone but the clunk when shifting gears is there. Really scares pods of bait fish. We have the 13 3/4 x 19 black stainless and the fuel efficiency just stunk. We took a Reliance 13 3/4 x 19 and had it re-pitched to a 17 and the fuel efficiency was really good, just the clonk. Tried a 14 1/4 x 17 Reliance and the hole shot was great, wot was only 39 @ 5800. The 13 3/4 x 17 Reliance will get 42 wot at 5600. The F-150 should turn around 5800-6000 wot. So we'll settle for a little clonk and better fuel efficiency. Our boat is the Sea Hunt BX22BR. Love the boat.

Comment

The chatter at idle in gear is caused by a heavy prop, the SS is a lot heavier than aluminum. The smaller diameter carries less momentum so it doesn't overrun the LU at idle.
        The clunk is from the LU design, it can be dampened with a different hub like the SDS.
        You could look at a prop with the square bore hub and the newer hub insert.
        Power tec has a hub design that you can change the delrin rods in it to vary the amount of give in the hub, that will help the clunk. Both of these designs allow the user to rebuild/change them instead of taking it to a prop shop.

Comment

Working...
        X