X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charging problem yamaha 90hp 2stroke

i have a weird problem
    on idle i have 9V on my charging system
    and when i run it on high RPM i'v got only 4V.
    what is the correct volte'g ?
    and what could be the problem ?
    pleas h e l p!!!
    Noam N

chompin,
    How are you reading the voltage? Console gauge?
    Voltmeter? I would check the voltage at the rectifier/regulator with a voltmeter.
    I would first check any fuses that are under the motor hood - I think there are two on that 90.
    Check connectors at the battery and at the rectifier/regulator assy - could be just a bad connector.
    Or, one of the coils (I believe it's called a charging coil) in the staor may be bad. The Yamaha manual has a procedure for testing the coils.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

i read it with a voltmeter and checked on few places so i dont think its a connection .
      the only change that i done thet could causa the problem is grease the stator can it causa the problem .
      Noam N

Comment

chompin,
        No, a little grease on the stator will not cause your symptoms. I would check the voltage to the rectifier/regulator - it's gonna be ac voltage, and probably in the range of 10-15 vac (if the stator coil is doing it's job).
        If the r/r is getting the proper ac voltage on the input, and only putting out 4vdc on the output, then obviously you have a bad rect/reg.
        assy. But you need to check all connections to the r/r assy - a bad ground could cause improper output.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Dear Ken
          Thank's for your help !!!
          i checked and a wire from the r/r to the carburetor (auto choke) was disconnected , i connect it and hops..... 14V
          i dont know what is the relation between the choke and r/r but that was it
          thank's and
          best regards
          Noam N

Comment

Working...
          X