Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt/trim does not work 1998 90hp 2 stroke

Hi All,
    I have been reading these forums for years and troubleshooting my engine and repairing it myself. So thanks so much for everyones insight! I have a 90hp 1998 2 stroke outboard and about 7 months ago I replaced the tilt/trim motor due to corrosion ruining the original tilt/trim motor. The new motor has been working fine to the best of my knowledge but, about 3 months ago it started to not want to trim up once i trimmed the engine down. After messing with the switch and even tapping on the throttle with a screw driver or my hand it would go up. Today I went out on the boat and it took me tapping on the throttle for 5 minutes to get the engine to go down and it would only go down and not back up. I do not hear any clicking noise when the trim is not going up or down. after messing with the green and blue wires on the engine, and knocking on the throttle with a small adjustable wrench the engine finally tilted to the upright position. Again I hear no clicking noise when the tilt/trim is not working in either direction. Please advise and your help is much appreciated!

The "knocking on the throttle" to make tilt/trim work sorta sounds like a bad switch in the remote control?.....

Comment

yeah thats what i think it may be is it an easy fix/ replacement?

Comment

Working...
      X