yamaha 150 hp compression reads..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 150 hp compression reads..

the model number is C150TLRU I am looking to buy this motor. What is the year. It was said and trusted that the motor did not come out of the box until 2000, it was sitting in a dealers warehouse for awhile. I had a compression test conducted and it read #1-145, #2-145, #3-145, #4-145, #5-140, #6-140. What does this compression mean? is this good?

looks great,higher than IVE ever seen..,did you SEE the readings or told thats what it was? what to look for in the readings are no more than 10 /lbs difference between the cylinders,vertically.

Comment

d,
      Indeed, it has been sitting in a warehouse for a while - it is a 96 model. Probably has a mfg sticker on it that says "1995". Great motor - my fishing buddy has the same outboard but a year older - darn near bullet proof. It is a pre-mix, meaning you have to add oil to the gas, but there's nothing wrong with that, I have a 2000 C115 myself - love it.
      Are there any more in that warehouse?
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

thanks fellas, I felt like this was a good one, but wanted to see what you guys had to say. any input is good.

Comment

Working...
        X