Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing ECU yamaha 115 4 stroke 2006

Good Day everyone,

I'm replacing the ECU on a 2006 yamaha 4 stroke 115.

I have three questions:

1) what danger(s) do I need to look for when I pull and replace the ECU and Rectifier?

2) what does a properly working rectifier put out to the ECU?

3) I've been told by various sources that possible reasons that a ECU would burn out is: Bad voltage recifier, ground on engine, harness and throttle control module (maybe its called a fuel regulator module). How do I check each of these components? And is there other possible malfunctions that would burn out a ECU

Thank you for taking time to reply to my thread. Respectfully, Robert

Check the Idle Air Control valve. If it fails it has been known to take out the ECU. Some/many have simply replaced an ECU without inspecting the IAC only to have the new ECU damaged. A costly mistake.

This is the only component that I can think of which can and will damage the ECU. If it has a certain fault.

A rectifier/regulator is going to be producing somewhere in the vicinity of 14.5 volts, depending upon the battery state of charge and electrical loads on the system.

Comment

replacing ECU

Thank you, for your input. I diffenately don't want to replace this part again. How do I know if the Idle Air Control Valve is working properly?

Respectfully, Robert

Comment

Center console Braces/brackets

I've searched ebay, the boat manufacture (baywatch) and other various sources for the braces that support a small center console windshield. I'm looking for the ones that bend slightly and that has a rubber protection on the windshield end and salt resistant. I've found adjustable generic ones that roughly cost 35 per/item. I'm sure that is more suitable braces out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully, Robert

Comment

Working...
        X