Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=cpostis;123396]
    Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    Would have been better to start your own new post. Now you know for the future. Since you are Canadian we shall forgive you. This time.

Thanks for the laugh Boscoe, It's raining here in Sebastian, Florida. I'm bored to tears!!
    I am in Georgia. We need some of your rain.

I try and be kind to Canadians. Have you ever seen how they bowl up there? No fingers for the balls. It messed with my mind when I went into a bowling alley to bowl a few gaames. Plus they speak funny heh?

Comment

Thanks very much for your analysis and advice! I will check and clean that ground before I buy that R/R. I also think that I will try another battery to see how that affects the voltage profile if at all. As for the fuel pump driver and isolator, I think I need a little more help / info to decide. If Rodnut does not respond here then I will ask via a new post. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Oh - and we do have bowling balls up here with holes eh. It's just that the holes are full of ice until June. Our balls absent holes are good all year 'round.

Comment

Remember to keep some space available for us up there. If Hillary wins millions are moving to Canada. Or so I hear.

Comment

Boscoe, do you really think it is better there? Come join me in Belize

Comment

Originally posted by erniefish View Post
              Boscoe, do you really think it is better there? Come join me in Belize
              I am really thinking of Panama or Costa Rica. Have not been to Belize but would probably like it there.

Canada would be too cold for me.

Comment

I don't know if the updated parts are still valid as a warrenty issue.
                I do know that the original parts failed,
                it is pretty simple to look at the connector colors.

Comment

Inspect Rectifier/Regulator for Deposits?

Just wondering if you Master Mechanics can chime in on this:

I have a 2001 SX150TXRZ, the rectifier regulator is cooled via cooling water from the water pump, through the R/R heat exchanger, and then exits through the tattle tale. So, I would assume if you have poor flow through the T/T ( either clogged T/T line, clogged R/R, or poor W/P performance), you have poor flow through the R/R.

I just disassembled/reassembled and removed excess deposits from my engine. I did not inspect the R/R. I will do so now.

Do you guys think this is something that should be done on a regular basis? Have you run into R/R's that do accumulate deposits, and if so, can these deposits contribute to R/R failure?

Thanks, Chuck
                  Chuck,
                  1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
                  X