Motor quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor quit

took my 2005 lowe stinger with 2005 F90 out the other day and broke down about 200ft away from boat ramp. Full tank, took off ran fine then slowly died out. would not restart. would turn over and try but wouldnt. Got back to ramp with *****ing motor. Had gas in bilge area. smelt real strong. Got home removed the handhole cobvers to see the tank, had gas on top of the tank also. My guess is the seal for sending unit bad. But, would this make the motor not run. I was thinking may have got water in fuel. Anyone had this problem?

water in the fuel? I see it at least twice a week.
    if its fuel injected and has water in the VST then fix it pronto.
    if water is in the VST it can take out the hp pump, injectors ,cylinders and heads.

Comment

where is the vst? is it the filter in the fuel pump?

Comment

when I got home I removed the filter on the back. The fuel looked cloudy in the canister. Im gonna drain all the gas and change all the filters. Maybe everything will be good.

Comment

if you are not familiar with all the fuel system on that motor you may be better off taking it in to a good Yamaha shop to have everything cleaned and flushed

Comment

Drained all gas out. about a quarter was water. On the bottom of tank. So the motor was drawing a lot of water. The gasket for sending unit had screws that were hand tight. Im gonna get some rtv and re install. As far as the motor, Im changing the filter, getting a 10 micron water seperator to mount on the boat. What do I need to do to get the water out of the fuel system on motor? It only has 70 hrs. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X