Reman 90hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reman 90hp

Help please! I am thinking about buying a 1990 remaned 90 and I need to know what else to order for mounting. I am switching from a 90 Mariner and need to convert to Yamaha controls. It is a 20" electric start , tilt/trim. Any advise would be geatly apreciatted.

We have the TLR 90 and while I don't intend to part with it and am happy with Yamaha, I'd buy their new four strokes. The biggest issue is ethanol fuels. Left to sit, that crap gums the older style carbs whereas the new fuel injection systems are less susceptible.

Re-manufactured sounds like a bargain until you part with a grand for a carb rebuild and the loss of a season waiting on the shop. Based on the work by the prior owner's marina, a good shop is another rare find. Even if you do the work, parts and tools cost a fortune and aren't available at Autozone.

The new engines are more reliable, much quieter and more desirable. I suspect in the near future, I won't be able to give ours away.

I also suggest a search here on that motor.

IMHO, if you're going to spend good money, get the best you can.

!990 - just too old to buy. Boat is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand or in other words, no cheap way out other than selling it.

Sorry to step on your parade - good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X