Water in lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in lower unit

Hi I am getting water in the gear case. What is the likely cause? is this part number the seal I should replace 93101-25M03-00? I talked to a buddy of mine and he said its likely coming in through the seal around the prop??? I change the water pump freq. as I commercial fish and run the heck out of the boat. It is a 2001 90 hp

Thanks in advance!

there are 5 places water can get into a gear case, it is only as sealed as its weakest seal,,, I would replace all of them. it is the easiest as you wont have to do it twice...

Comment

pressure /vacuum testing should tell you what to do

Comment

seal

On my F150, there's TWO SEALS on atop the other just under the plate the water pump resides on(for the long verticle shaft that actually goes to the engine).

The engine is an 06, low hours however the upper seal was failing, (water under it- NO WATER in the lower unit), the next seal was ok. They replaced both and pressure tested it to 25 PSI, All's fine now.

I was informed, no matter what flushing, hours on the engine, those seals just need replacing over time.

+1 on a pressure test before pulling seals, the lower unit was dry for testing.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

thanks for the help I ordered the ones of the part number I posted plus the water pump kit. I will order the remaining and do them all!

Comment

Working...
          X