Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer bulb question????

Hello ,
    I am having problem with 2004 TXrc 150 hp starting. I replaced the following
    Fuel pick up tube in 100 gal tank , anti siphon valve, fuel lines below deck , in line 10 micron Yamaha filter , yamaha primer bulb , fuel line to outboard . And both fuel pumps on engine along with fuel filter,

Oh also pump old gas out of tank

PROBLEM need two people to start one to pump primer bulb second to turn key with choke??? I relocated in line fuel filter slightly higher than floor of boat .

Primer bulb won't stay hard enough to start

Help please !!!!

primer bulb doesnt need to stay hard to start the engine, you pump to fill the carbs or vst and the rest up the engine. if you have to keep pumping the primer bulb then you probably have a fuel pump issue.

Comment

I have replace ENTIRE fuel lines from tank to engine. I trailer boat ,so I am tilting it up . Would that empty carbs??

I would like to pin point exactly what you mean by fuel line???

Comment

i didnt say anything about fuel line.... the fuel pump on the engine will suck fuel from a bucket if that is where the line is. your explanation of it takes 2 people to start the enigne does not make any sense,, and tilting the engine up should not drain any fuel from your carbs. again all the primer bulb does is prime the fuel system on the engine, once it is primed the engine system should take over. not rocket science here,,,

Comment

Working...
        X