1998 C90LTRX problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 C90LTRX problems

Took the boat out for a spin today and had some problems. Cranked and ran fine at the ramp. Fished then started again and was running about 3/4 throttle and the motor lost some power, bogged down, but not all. I immediately turned around and headed back to the ramp and reduced throttle to about 1/4 then all of a sudden she started running fine and ran great the rest of the day. Checked the spark plugs and they look good, next will be the fuel filter. Could it be a bad fuel line or primer bulb? Any suggestions on a check list after that? Thanks in advance.

I know this could be a long list of things to check, just hoping someone would offer up some help, a starting point....

Comment

Same motor as mine....I'd start by checking and cleaning or replacing the spark plugs to eliminate a cracked or fouled plug as the problem. Then drain each carb onto a clean white rag to inspect for water or debris in float chambers. Inspect entire fuel delivery system from tank pick up tube, fittings, primer bulb, quick disconnect on front of motor, fuel filter, fuel pump, etc....a bad seal or O ring could allow for air to leak into system. Have your carbs ever been cleaned and set by a Yamaha Technician?...could be partially plugged carb jet. Good luck and let us know what you find!

Comment

the X means it is a 1999 model not a 1998.
        test fuel pump pressure and vacuum and inspect for pin hole/tear in diaphragm.
        Look for water in fuel/carbs

Comment

Working...
        X