Tilt and trim unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt and trim unit

I have a c85tlrt engine mounted with a 6h1-13 tilt and trim unit. The unit stuck in the up position at the boat ramp and we bled out the system prior to locating the manual bypass. Stupid. I refilled and bled as best I could and am now into the motor and pump assembly. I discovered the plastic pump coupler is stripped but the pump drive shaft is very difficult to turn with pliers. I think the pump is bad and want to replace it. I am stymied by the four screws holding the pump in. It looks like a hex but a 3/32,7/64/, and 1/8 do not fit well. The smaller ones rolled and the 1/8 won't go in. A t15 torx fits somewhat, still a little loose, and accepts moderate torque but I can't break them and fear getting much more aggressive.

I was hoping I could replace the pump, bleed, and be on the water quick and for maybe $300. Vs the $3200 the dealer quoted me for a new one. They wouldn't even work on the unit like I am trying!

Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated! .
    Attached Files

Thanks for the help! Not.

Finally got it going and learned a thing or two along the way. Spent about $20 in parts. Dealer wanted $3200. I feel good about the way it turned out.

Comment

What did you have to do to fix it (I have no idea..)?
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

things made overseas are usually metric so need to use the proper tools.
        I am sure the service manual would give that info

Comment

Working...
        X