2003 Yamaha 150 2 Stroke Engine Ground Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Yamaha 150 2 Stroke Engine Ground Location

Can someone tell me where to find the engine ground on a 2003 150 2 Stroke. I can only seem to find a ground that attaches to the starter.

That is where the ground cable goes,, that is the ground.. what else are you looking for.

Comment

My motor wont crank and no tilt or trim. All other accessories including deck lights work. I was told to check the ground connection on the engine block for a loose or corroded connection. The only ground I could find was on the starter. Thanks though, you answered my question. Now if you could just tell me why my motor wont crank over and the tilt/trim does not work

Comment

typically when nothing on the engine works, but everything on the boat does, you probably have a blown main fuse on the engine, it should be a inline fuse holder near the starter, and there should be 2 spare fuses hanging on the wire harness is little plastic bags... hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks, I will check that. When I turn the ignition switch "on" I can hear a low hum coming from the black box near the starter. When I turn the ignition to "start" the humming stops and my gauges go blank like the battery is dead (Batteries are good though). All other accessories are not affected. I jumped the starter and it turned over.

Comment

Working...
          X