oil sensor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rkj,
    Welcome to the forum [img]smile.gif[/img] - and let us know how you come out on your problem. Feedback from the members helps us all to learn.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

I sure will. I have a feeling I might be using the resource a bit for the next few weeks. We signed a contract to buy a boat with twin 1991 Yami 130's that look great. The boat sat(owner died) with cheap gas and gummed it all up. They did some basic repair and got the motors up and running and the fuel system flushed(we'll see if that's good enough). Anyway, no current problem with the starboard engine but the port engine still has some carburetor issues and this oil pump problem. So we'll be doing the work ourselves over the next month or so. I haven't worked on outboards a whole lot, so I'm looking at this as a good time to learn. Thanks

Comment

ooops....saw you jumped onboard of this post....dont be scared of thems carbs, break them down as far as possible,soak the parts in a good carb solution as your cleaning the body orifaces,spray each opening and ensure clear passages,replace any gasket and those alum washers that need or buy the rebuild kit.

Comment

rkj,
          If you don't have a Yamaha shop manual yet, get one. Go to www.yamahapubs.com to order online.
          It will pay for itself many times over if you are going to be doing your own maintenance and repair.
          Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
          Ken K

Comment

Hi,

Wondering if you can help, i am having the opposite problem to what you all are having, my pump will not turn on when the sensor indicated low oil in main tank. I have tested the pump to see if it working with a battery and it works fine. When you push the emergency manual overide switch on the oil control box the pump will fill the main tank. Have also tested the float switches in both tanks with an ohm meter and they seem to be working fine. Would anyone have any suggestions on what would be causing this problem?
            Thanks
            Via

Comment

Working...
            X